Wednesday 5 April 2023

Stockholm Roll Syndrome - Polish Haiduk Infantry

 This post looks at my latest unit of Polish Haiduk infantry.

Haiduk infantry in 28mm from The Assault Group (TAG) and Wargames Foundry.

As with the previous Haiduk units I have done, these are a mixture of TAG and Wargames Foundry 28mm figures.  They are pretty much straight out of the ‘blister’ other than swapping the head of the tenth-man’s (NCO) pole-arm, swapping the exotic guards’ type weapon for a more typical halberd style head. 

Part of the ‘Stockholm Roll’ used as inspiration for my Haiduk unit.

I used the ‘Stockholm Roll’ as inspiration for the colour scheme on this unit. I have mentioned this resource before, see the Wiki media entry here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Stockholm_Roll#/media/File:Stockholm_scroll_(1605-1606,_Royal_castle_of_Warsaw)_02.jpg .  It was painted in the early part of the 17th century showing the parade to celebrate the wedding of King Sigismund III in 1605.

“Don’t worry comrades; only one wound so far!”

I also included a TAG wounded figure to add to a Warbases ‘counter’ base.  I can’t help thinking he’s leaning forward to see how many ‘wounds’ are on his base! 



I think this is the end of my Haiduks for a while as I have enough of them for Dirschau.  I completed some Haiduk command groups a while ago and the last pictures show the new unit with one of the previously completed command bases.  This unit will be stoutly defending the northern levee across the Mottlau / Motława marshes in the Battle of Dirschau / Tczew at Salute50 on 22nd April. Hope to see you there!

Command base added with flapping flags.

More details on the command group, including th flags which are by Jose Manuel Chasco, on a previous post here - https://theviaregia.blogspot.com/2022/02/haiduk-command.html .

Until next time,

Andy @ The Friends of General Haig



8 comments: